[Author's Note: Um..I have no clue what Dot's dad looks like and stuff... ^_^;; ]

Ornament
by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra


On the night of the Eve Wars, A.C. 195, the spirits of soldiers from every battle over the years gathered amongst the stars, drawn by the fear, anticipation, and hope all surrounding the war between Libra and Earth. Among these spirits is one man with close-cropped blong hair and pale blue eyes. His gaze seeks only Libra. The former-General Catalonia is searching for his daughter.

He has little power, only enough to know she lies in wait for a battle to come to her.

Inside he agonizes over how it came to this. How his beloved daughter became so angry, so...bloodthirsty. He had always wished for her to have a peaceful, happy life, and he had always guided her to wish for the same. But somewhere along the line something had changed...

He glimpses her prepared ambush for the gundam pilot she had lost to in a previous battle. Observing the boy, he notices some similarities and wishes he knew what he had missed that made Dorothy become the complete opposite of this pilot.

He briefly turns his attention to Treize, knowing Dorothy had always looked up to him. He pondered now if this was such a good thing...

However, while Treize was there protecting his home, Dorothy was trying to find herself. The glow of the mobile doll system obscured her true feelings...

He watches and listens almost in fear as she proceeds with her duel. He had been gone too long, he should have tried to help...except there wasn't much he could do, since he was dead. The best he could do was pray.

Perhaps not all harm, he reasoned. The boy seemed to want to talk sense into her, not duel. His words might cut through her current mindset. That would merely harm her resolution. Yet...no, the boy lost. He grimaced at the scene of the pilot transfixed by the foil. My Dorothy, please no. Don't become a killer... A colleague came to help the unfortunate pilot. Dorothy sank to her knees as her resolution crumbled. However, she was encouraged to save herself from the fallen Libra. He continued his prayer.

Back to me, back to peace. My poor child...My Dorothy...





Back to A Minor Variation




(c) 2000-2004 Autumn Loweck. This work may not be copied, distributed, or reprinted without the author's permission. Characters of General Catalonia, Dorothy, Quatre, and Treize belong to the creators of the GundamWing series, Sotsu Agency, Sunrise, Bandai, and whoever else in Japan involved in this most cool anime.

Back to TSC's SubBasement