[Author's Note: Heero/Relena Non romance! | It's my sis' fault, she made me listen to the song. ^_^ ]

Miracle
by Vertical Horizon


Heero sits with his laptop connected to WingZERO. He scowls at the data, then scowls at the world in general. Things are moving too slowly. He needs a better option to reach the end of his mission.
He thinks over the causes of the current situation. Romefellar destroyed the Sank Kingdom, chaos ensued worldwide as peaceful nations were claimed by the Foundation...and Relena was crowned Queen of the World.
He wonders if Relena can actually accomplish anything in this position. Was she strong enough to bring about her ideals? Would she bring an end to the gundams' missions? ...Could he finally end his life of fighting?
"Hn." He waves the hope--the thought away. Nothing could change it. Not even her.
"False peace. That's all it is," he mutters later. "There is no room for hope in this."
He scowls as he picks up a report about the group called White Fang moving against OZ in space.
"At least the colonies are finally standing up for themselves." He then frowns. "The fools." He prepares to leave to 'visit' the Queen of the World.
Now he stands on the balcony of the Romefellar meeting hall, listening to Relena call for peace not only among the world nations, but between earth and space as well.
Heero lowers his gun and moves to leave. "Okay, Relena, let's see what you can do."
Heero takes off for space, knowing now that he must face Zechs again. He also knows Relena will attempt to talk to the White Fang leader. Briefly he muses over who will be the most influential.
He finds Relena on Libra. They go to dissuade Zechs from attacking earth.
Relena feels more resolved with Heero beside her. She feels that his wish is the same as hers, an end to war so they can go back to leading normal lives.
Zechs gives them the speech about Pacifism and the two leaders, one on earth, the other in space. His eyes shift almost imperceptively from Relena to Heero then straight ahead again as he continues. Heero nods imperceptively...
The combined efforts of the warrior and the peace advocate will bring the end of war.






Back to Fanfic




(c) 2000-2004 Autumn Loweck. This work may not be copied, distributed, or reprinted without the author's permission. Characters of Heero, Relena, Zechs, and Romefellar belong to the creators of the GundamWing series, Sotsu Agency, Sunrise, Bandai, and whoever else in Japan involved in this most cool anime.

Back to TSC's Sub-basement