[Author's Note: Oo...Dot and someone other than Quatre! *gasp!* sacrilege...]

Everything You Want
by Vertical Horizon


Spring AC 196

Dorothy is wandering the outskirts of the former Sank Kingdom, having paid a brief visit to the memorial cemetery there. Her thoughts are being invaded by images of the boy she wounded only a few months ago...
She met him at the Sank Kingdom but she never confronted him about his hypocritical beliefs in Pacifism and fighting -- one or the other, why didn't he just choose?!
She meanders into the half-repaired building that housed Relena's precious Pacifism school. Construction warnings are everywhere, but there is no one around to stop her and she has no fear of anything collapsing on her
She considers the emptiness, and realizes she actually sort of misses Relena and her pet gundam pilot.
Dorothy finds her way to her former room. Surprisingly it is much the same as she left it just before leaving with Relena when the kingdom collapsed. Photos are still tacked over the desk, upon which lay a few scattered encoded notes that no one ever bothered to wonder about. She wipes dust from the photos.
She smiles recalling how he had inspired a devious trap to come to mind for a fencing match.
She had pondered if he would be too much a gentleman to decline her challenge.
She'd had to hold back a true smirk when he didn't even flinch when she scored a hit.
He had seemed too proud to show more than a millisecond short glare in his impassive eyes. She had hoped he would go right out and accuse her of being a spy. He had such confidence with his knowledge...
She heads out of the complex, ignoring more danger warnings. She takes a quick tour of the remains of the gardens, sighing at the lack of roses, then makes her way back to her car.
She taps thoughtfully on the steering wheel and wonders what gundam pilots do when the war is over. She thinks of a certain one who is probably very bored...
She drives by the cemetery again, sorely tempted to visit Treize's grave. She misses one of the few men she knew who was fearless enough to take control of life and live it his way. Too many seemed willing to let themselves be dragged along in the dust of the changing times...
She glances skyward with a smirk, toward the stars where some would say a soul was lost but then found; which was also one of those few.

"I want your hope..."
"I want your resolve..."
"I want your strength."
"You could have owned the world!"
"Yet you had to go and disappear..."
"Foolish Heero Yuy."





Back to A Minor Variation




(c) 2000-2004 Autumn Loweck. This work may not be copied, distributed, or reprinted without the author's permission. Characters of Quatre and Dorothy belong to the creators of the GundamWing series, Sotsu Agency, Sunrise, Bandai, and whoever else in Japan involved in this most cool anime.

Back to TSC's Sub-basement